Wednesday, September 21, 2011

He Who Giveth

He Who Giveth:

(Tech Support | UK)

(I work as a security manager and share an office with the tech support teams in a hospital. One day, the client walks into the office.)


Client: “My windows login says it’s disabled.”


IT Support member: “Yes, I disabled it because when I came to service your printer last night, I noticed your password was written down next to your keyboard.”


Client: “I write it down because I always forget it.”


IT Support member: “I disabled it because you are not supposed to do that.”


Client: “Well, can I have a new password and my account enabled?”


Me: “I hope you are not going to write it down again. It’s a serious offence, especially given you have access to patient details.”


Client: *angrily* “Well, I’m writing it down anyway. What are you going to do about it?!”


Me: “We can disable your account permanently and recommend disciplinary action against you.”


Client: “Ha! Well, go ahead. I don’t care. You can’t do anything to me. I’ve been here for years and I retire in two years anyway, so there!”


(The next day, the same client comes back to my office.)


Client: “My computer is not in my office.”


Me: “That’s correct, it’s currently being rebuilt.”


Client: “When can I get it back?”


Me: “I’ve spoken to your manager. He said you can do your job without a computer for the next two years.”

No comments:

Post a Comment